Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 6 February 2011

Time

It is all about time. Life is time. Every day we have to think about time, time for this and time for that. Is there enough time to eat? Is there enough time to go for a run, or will I make it in time for the next thing on my or our agenda? Sometimes I feel like I am constantly chasing. London life is busy- but if life wasn’t busy, it would be boring! Don’t get me wrong, I invite rest with open arms too! I have been thinking a lot about time recently. Thinking about how fast the weeks fly by, how it felt like Christmas was yesterday and how it was just Friday a moment ago! Where did the weekend go? :)

I think to myself:  Lou, It is what you make of your time. It’s how you USE your time. You got to make your time work for you and not you for it. We need to be effective in our time and to juggle things around to make it all fit in, in good time:). This is a big thing I am learning at the moment. Time is so precious. Today in our church, the Pastor said: Our life is but a vapour. And it hit home to me: Life is short, time flies by so quickly. I heard Angus Buchan say once that has stuck with me. He said: Life is a brevity: It is short. So what are we going to do with the time we get? I chose to get married to my bestest friend in the world, live in London (for now), to serve a God that is so real to me just as the keys on this computer,  and to now attempt to an Ironman. What an adventure! What a pleasure! What will you choose? What have you perhaps already chosen?

This week has been a much better week for training. Everything was on track and got the sessions in that I needed to do. Eish, then it came to Saturday… I don’t know what it is, but every time AD and I want to go ride together, and we plan a massive cycle, one of us gets a puncture- in Richmond Park. It was AD this time! So I had to go fetch the car and pick him up. It was a blessing in disguise as I could see my gorgeous hubby was tired, so he slept and I did a good turbo session at home. He has been going non-stop for the whole week and seldom gets some time to just relax… It was gooooood!! 

Sunday was also a great day… AD and I went for a run around Wimbledon Common. It was windy but beautiful. When AD and I were in Pretoria studying we always went running on a farm on the University Sports Grounds. It was like ‘our’ place. Once when we went running, there was a cow giving birth. We witnessed a beautiful birth right before our eyes. We used to dream on that farm, ride motorbikes on that farm and feed the sheep and baby lambs (sometimes chase the chickens too!) . Those were the days, such freedom and free from time: No restriction, no major responsibilities, nowhere to really be- it was just us falling in love. What a year that was! Then we found Wimbledon common- and we both experienced joy in our hearts, feeling like it was 2007 again! Haibo… time really does fly! It stops for no-one. AD and I haven’t been running together for so long as I had a knee operation and so was out of action for a good 9 months or so. But now I am back, we are back and feeling like we are on that ‘jool plaas’ again :)

This next week is another week of steady training: going to be one big juggling act as have lots of commitments this week. But I am happy I have to juggle, or else it will be boring... :) wha ha ha.

We have just come back from watching ‘The Fighter’ it was brilliant. We are fighters! Let’s fight the good fight! Let us get our title.

Lastly I want to leave you with this passage: It is I prayer I pray for myself and for all you reading this blog!
A Time for Everything
Ecclesiastes 3 1-15
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. 9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--this is the gift of God.14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him. 15 Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account.

Have an amazing week everybody:)

Let time work for you and not you for it,
Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment