Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 6 March 2011

Ballbuster Experience

This week has been a really funny week for me. It was the first week back at school after the half term and it started off with one big BANG! School life is always going to be busy, more so after a week off :) After getting through the week and all its up’s and down’s I came out on top and I conquered the week that nearly had me at the throat there at one point.

On Friday I came home in tears. My hamstring has not been good at all and my back has been in a spasm since Thursday. I haven’t been able to run properly since I did the half marathon 2 weeks ago. I never stretched properly before the race or after as it was FREEZING! So to cut a short story shorter, my hamstring and back was not loving life. I visited a sports masseuse/physio on Thursday evening to take a look at my hamstring. When I say she got stuck into me would be an understatement. She literally was putting all 65kg of her elbow through my hammy and my back. It was not a pleasant experience at all!! She then referred me to her Physio to see her on Friday as she thinks I may have some deeper problems. I have had similar injuries when I played hockey so I kinda know where they were going with this. So on Friday I came home in pain, and thinking that there was about 20% chance of me doing the race the next day. After some prayers and visiting the chief Physio (who by the way was the sweetest lady and SOOOO good!) she sorted me out and got my confidence up to do the race. She even offered to come and strap my leg beforehand at 6am in the morning! She was just lovely. So I came home so happy and ready to start the race, praying I would finish and not get spasms!

Saturday was my first Duathlon, and I absolutely loved it! It was super tough but it was really a super day out and we were done by 12:30pm. I am just so happy that I could finish it and complete what I had started. I hate quitting. It takes a lot for me to quit something that I have started. My two goals were: to enjoy it and to not walk. I was very close off the bike, but then I got strength. My hammy’s felt like they were about to rip off by the end but I got through. I love this sport. You meet all different types of people along the way, old and young. I met this girl on the first run lap and we chatted and chatted and time just flew by. I got to know her story and her journey and plans it it is inspiring:) Then on the last run lap I met this American guy from New Jersey and he was cramping in his right quad. We helped each other out and pulled each other through. It’s like life, we meet people along the way that come into our lives for a reason, be it a brief second, few minutes or for an eternity. It’s these people that help you in that moment, and that was what I had on the weekend. I am so grateful that I was able to complete it and to ENJOY it! It was a stunning day and how amazing to share it with my best friend, my beautiful husband! So all in all, we ran 13km cycled 40km then ran 13km. I ran further than 2 weeks ago, carrying an injury! I am amazed and so happy! Thank you God.

I am seriously stiff sitting here but I love this feeling as I know I have worked hard and I am on my way to achieving my goal. I thank God for my health, my family, my friends, my job, my church and my amazing husband. All your support, your prayers and love mean so much to me. If it was not for all you guys I would not be where I am! I love you guys so much!

Have an amazing week everybody. This week is going to be a good one- I can feel it in my bones! Take this week by the horns and run with it, giving everything! That’s what I am going to do:)

Love you guys,
God Bless
Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment