Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 13 March 2011

New Frontiers!

The English dictionary definition for ‘New frontier’ is the limit of knowledge in a particular field.

This is the heading of my blog for today:  New FRONTIERS!!

The limit of knowledge in a particular field, I think every day in our lives may lend itself to being new frontiers. My blog takes me to Wiltshire this weekend and as my wife and I am huffing and puffing up some massive hills I realise that this is her new frontier today. The question I asked myself is what do I do when we step into that new frontier? As I see it, the only way to overcome any new frontier is by acquiring knowledge. So back to the hills and watching my wife, my motivation this week, she has never taken on four different hills of 12 gradient plus in one day while cycling 70 km plus. She must feel that she married a fool some days, but on we go! She never moaned once, she pushed hard, in fact she asked me to push ahead and let her get on with it because when we do the ironman she will be on her own!

She took this new frontier and acquired the knowledge and made it her own, making that new frontier something of the past! The next time 12 gradient hills come calling Lou will be ready able and surely willing to mess them! I am so very proud of her!

What new frontiers are you taking on this week, I can honestly tell you the only way to make this new frontier old is by hitting it head on and acquiring that knowledge to break it's back and make it your own. I heard a great sermon this week with the heading 'It's too soon to quit' only by pushing into this new frontier and never quitting will you ever acquire the knowledge to make it old!

Ironman training is like this daily, you don't always feel like it, I can honestly tell you if you know it's a 3 hour session it hangs over your head some days like a cloud, but can I also tell you when I get off the bike or out the pool or step onto the pavement after a long run, I have conquered that frontier, because each day is one day closer, each day is another day you either won or lost!

Ironman training has no fans there are no high fives or well done bud most days, or not even when you go over the line at most events, but that's exactly what it is all about!
You pursue that new frontier, you prove to yourself what you are made of, and in doing so obtain knowledge to make the impossible suddenly seem possible!

I now have to take this hard headed approach of training, onto my daily life and pursue new frontiers and make them old. I do however; have an amazing faith that tells me I am capable of everything through Christ who gives me strength. I am also told in my best selling training manual that I can claim victory and I can believe it to come true!

So guys put your head in the fire and acquire the knowledge to make those massive hills seem like moles heaps!

Much love and have a great week God Bless.

AD

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude thats some real inspiring writing there, May your pioneering spirit never die... Where there is a will there surely always will be a way.

    Lou Lou you go girl, grade 12 lol i dont even think i could handle a grade 1

    ReplyDelete