Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 10 April 2011

April Lovin'

To all the Londoners and UK Countrymen, I am sure you will all agree with me that the weather this month has been absolutely SENSATIONAL! It has been so sunny and hot and can’t believe the weather this last week. I really did feel that I was back in my homeland soaking up the rays. I can’t even tell you how much it makes a difference to this place when the sun is out. Days are longer, people are happier and the all round general vibe is just awesome!

This week has been an amazing week for a number of reasons; it is just incredible how much one can do when given the time! I could seriously adopt this ‘lady of leisure lifestyle’ I think it suits me! :)

On Tuesday at 11:15am I was officially on holiday for 3 weeks! Yes, 3 weeks! I am sure all the teachers out there reading this can fully agree with me that this last term has been devastatingly long. We all were mentally and physically knackered by the end of it all. I am so happy it is now over and the summer term is approaching. I LOVE the summer term- it is just so good and so short ;)

I got spoilt. I got my new FFWD wheels for my machine. OH MY WORD! They are just incredible and make such a difference… FFWD Tubs- if you ever want a pair of wheels for cycling they are the ones. Man alive worth every penny! Thank you angel :)

Thursdays sizzler- Woke up super early to go with hubs down to work, did a 45 minute run on the canal and then braved the Serpentine in Hyde Park. Ai wena COLD! I acted like such a sissy- It took me 15 minutes to pluck up the courage to get in the water. I then saw people swimming with no wetsuits on and I thought to myself come on Lou it cant be that bad… It was that bad! But it felt good. I know now that I have so much to work on in swimming open water. We both really need to put in a few Serpie swims a week to get that confidence up. It was the first time I swam in a wetsuit and it was TOUGH! Feels like my arms are going to die after awhile but hey it all takes practice:) It was such a pleasure to have a coffee with my husband before he went to work. We laughed because he says that when I am on holiday a part of him feels like he is on holiday too… I am not complaining! :)

The weather has been such a dream for training in. Training in the heat just agrees with me. We then picked up my wheels and headed out for an awesome 100km bike ride into the Surrey hills. It was just something special. So many people were out and about, picnicking and enjoying themselves.  What a contrast it was- I can remember going out that way in the dead of winter layered up to the max, people were scarce but now the atmosphere has changed. We now go out in lovely lycra and vest tops- no gloves! What a pleasure! It just felt incredible to have the sun beating down on my body. Saffa’s back home; just know how privileged you are J My wheels felt great and I felt strong. This surprised me as I have been sick recently so feeling good on the bike only did my confidence good. Thursday was just an awesome highlight. That evening we had a wonderful dinner at my sister’s house with cousins. It was a feast and I realized the next day that it fuelled me wonders for my sesh (particularly on the run) Thanks sis :) Up and onwards we go!

Friday was also a beaut and a particular highlight- my hubby and I did a quick 30km bike around Richmond Park and that 11km run. The run was just awesome- my legs felt great and I could push hard (Must have been the carbo load the night before). Once again an amazing day all round. Sun was shining and the people were schweet yeh…

I actually could go on and on about all the highlights this week. But I won’t bore you with the details. One last detail I want to share is that AD and I went to my colleague’s wedding last night and it was just amazing. She looked absolutely stunning and it was a blessing being able to share it with them. So I wish them a lifelong filled with happiness and love. Whoop whoop! I love weddings!

I am looking forward to this week coming up. I know it is going to be super busy but I am ready for that challenge. Ironman South Africa was today and it has just inspired me. It seemed like an exceptionally fast course with the first male coming in at 8:05 hours! Insane! That is just unbelievable…

I am waffling here guys, this has been more like a diary entry than a report so I apologise for this. It has been a busy weekend and my bed is calling. Next week is going to be a week to remember! I look forward to writing about it.

Have an awesome and blessed week everyone. Thank you for reading our blog and for supporting us- it means so much.
Lots of love
Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment