Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 8 May 2011

Marshman done box ticked and what a tick it is!!

Half ironman distance is the step up to the real daddy, but such a confidence booster. Without this guy you will never know what is waiting for the real mac deal!

So here we were at the edge of a lake in a beautif Kent, at 06:30 am. My wife and I and all the training that has brought us to this point. First thing that came to mind was, what a privilege to be healthy and fit enough to take on this dog. That is what i love about it, it takes you places you might never have experienced and makes you realise something new about yourself every time! My wife stood next to me, very apprehensive of what was to come. The hooter went, and off I  pulled into the expanse of this Masch.

The swim was a eye opener and with 600 meters to go I realised there is still a lot of work to be done here. But on I pulled and off on my time machine I sailed. The pooding, my desert. The place I'm most confident and the place where I make the time and positioning up. I moved. The gears churned and I was in control of this beast with it's brand new moving blades. 90km later I jumped off my bike, only to be met by Mr Run.

This is the place a race is made or broken and after a swim and cycle 21km on the feet seems like a long way. This is where the blog really starts. The first five k's was tough man, your body is still in the aero position haunched over the tri bars, and four minutes later you are thrown on to the tarmac with your chest out and back straight. Your hammy's are in agony and all you can think about is 21km to go. Fortunately the sun was beaming and all I had to do was pull this off! After getting a rhythm going and  just getting on with it the six km mark loomed. My legs were b
now warmed up and ready to rumble. I kept telling myself you feel strong, so strong and on I went. That running high kicked in and I was flying, even over taking some okes and leaving them in my wake. 15km down the road the legs gave way to some pain and a weaker mind set. It took me another km to break that negativity and just believe I could. Was I going to walk, never, would I crawl if I had to yes I would. But above all, I was going to up a gear never mind the pain or negativity. Another runners high later and I was down to 2 km left. As I left transition after the bike a oke came flying by me, now he was walking with 1 km to go. A weak mindset wont get you any where, sure he was hurting, but I believe he was able!

I ran over the line, knowing I was one step closer to making that sub ten Ironman. Take pleasure in tribulation, because it will bring perseverance and perseverance will bring character and charter will bring hope! A little something from my life training manual.

Whatever the weather, you can dictate if you are going to make it or not. My wife smashed this thing in to pieces this week end because she was never ever going to be defeated! So so proud of her! It's your choice, your decision no one else can make that for you! I draw my strength from Christ and he has never let me down.

Half Ironman box ticked, I hope you all have a amazing week.
Much love Ad

No comments:

Post a Comment