Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 1 May 2011

Royal Wedding

Oh what a day it was! AD and I woke up early on Friday morning and headed down to the city to soak up some wedding vibe! We were in Hyde Park and near Buckingham Palace. It was packed and we couldn’t get closer. We were on our bikes so we couldn’t see much, but it was enough to feel everyone’s energy and excitement. I was not too fazed about the wedding until the night before. Just watching the news and seeing how these Brits were going all out for it made me excited. I was hooked. That was me. I tried to make AD get on my same wave length but it was not going to happen. Pity! He nearly got there when we went into the city, but when we got home and switched on the telly he was not all that fussed. I was GLUED!! Just like the rest of England and some parts of the world. What an occasion and what a day to remember- one day when we are old and grey and Will and Kate’s little chokka is tying the knot- we can reminisce! “Those were the days my love, those were the days!” She looked stunning!! So that was our Friday. We then went for a great bike ride up to box hill after the wedding. Felt so good on the bike which I am pleased about. I also realized how important nutrition is and that is a big factor that I need to get right on the weekend and in my training. I don’t know what it is about me. I get hungry SO quickly! Especially on the bike! Friday morning AD and I had 2 bagels each with jam and cheese and then a beeeg bowl of maize meal. We then went for the ride. Pushing hard the first 40km then I became VERY hungry! I even got the shakes! I know now that I need to eat often and fuel my body. I don’t want no shakes next Sunday!!! Preparation is Key my friends… Thank you Lord for that banana I could throw down my gullet.

This week has been good. Have done some training. I have also been naughty and taken the odd day off here and there. I have enjoyed the time I have been training and did some good sessions. I am coming into that period where I do enjoy the training. I am getting fitter which is great! Yet I am skipping too many workouts. I need to be consistent even if it is not a massive session, I still need to get out there and do something to keep it ticking over. Running has been a problem for me as I have runners knee so need to take it easy. But that is healing and I know I will be ready for next weekend!

This time next weekend we would have finished the Marshman (half Ironman) in Kent. What a feeling! I am looking very forward to it and am going to use it as a trial run for nutrition and use it as a solid training session. I haven’t done much running recently so trying to do it for time will just be silly. I am going to enjoy every minute as it will be my first triathlon EVER!!!! Friends are joining us so it will be a great weekend of camping:)

It is another long weekend here in the UK, so we had Friday off and we also have Monday off (tomorrow). It has been so awesome just chilling out and spending time with my husband. When I was watching the wedding I thought to myself that I am so grateful that I already have my Prince, and I am so grateful that he doesn’t need to hold back any affection from me, even when the “çameras” are on. I wish there was another way or word to describe the love I have in my heart for him. I treasure the time we have together and I thank God that it just keeps getting better and better. I know that there is a plan for our lives- whatever it may be. I also know that the best is yet to come! So, this weekend has been a good one. We have trained somewhat and have really enjoyed our time together. School starts properly for me on Tuesday, but this term is SUPER short so it all goooood :)

I am enjoying the training, I know that the volume does increase as we are moving into Ironman Specific Phase, so I am sure that in 3 weeks time I am going to be singing a different tune J But for now it is going well and it has become a new way of life for me and I can’t imagine my life without it, like swimming in the Serpentine in Hyde Park in the mornings. It is tough at the time but looking back I think what a privilege to be experiencing all of this.

Ending off, this week is going to be a chilled out week- we are going to be tapering for the weekend. Some days I think I already started my taper- 2 weeks ago! Ha ha, but no we are going to lessen the ‘load’ if you want to call it that and prepare for the weekend. Next Sunday evening you are going to hear all about it:) I look forward to going through all the ins and outs of the race next week. Whoop whoop! So tune in for next week’s edition of “THE MARSHMAN” – MISS IT MISS OUT!

Have an awesome week everyone. We love you lots and thanks for all the support.
God Bless
Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment