Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 22 May 2011

A week of training, let's get practical.

It's week 14 over here and it's a build week a tough one because it's two weeks before ironman specific training. That is the big dog the weeks that make you or break you.

So I thought I'd take you through a Monday to Sunday week of training. Plus I need some accountability, seriously. Motivation is waining and I am trying everything possible to make it happen. I thought in this blog program I'll have a few different sections - the sessions - motivation - and a little thought.

Monday 16/05/2011

Session 1 - The spin session was a hills 60min ride. You put the biggest resistance you possibly can and just cracking it out seated or standing for the duration of the time.

Session 2 - A two hour run. I ran all around the outer fence of Richmond a couple of times. Very straining on the body, as I'm no marathon expert, but on I went and finished with 25 km plus.

Motivation - Today motivation was zero, literally I had no want to do either sessions. At the back end of it, I realised, just do it and stop moaning and over thinking things.

Thought for the day - Don't think about it too much just get up and ride, run or swim!

Tuesday 17/05/2011

Session 1 - Gym session.
Time to get back to the weights, our program has us do some gym twice a week right up until we hit the MAN. So that's a 70 min work out and you feel quite pumped coming of this bugger, as I haven't touched a weight in a while.

Session 2 - Easy stretch, I always feel I can't call it a session but it is as important as a 5 hour cycle. If your muscles go, you go! So this is a 35 min job legs take preference.

All in a easier day, allowing for recovery after Monday. The distance running breaks the body. So rest out for tomorrow because it's going to be a bigger day.

Motivation - didn't need any. It was a easier day than pushing yourself over 2-3 hours.

Thought for the day - Weights benefit the body massively.

Wednesday 18/05/2011

Here we go, big day out.
Up at 04:50. First things first wake my wife up. She is like a 1920 airplane it took a while to warm up, a long while. By the time we hit serpentine she is just about all systems go. This is a 30 min bike ride.

Session 1 - a swim it's a sprint session working more on technique than distance. So all over in 35 minutes. A solid session, but do feel it could have been better.

Session 2+3 - number two saw me head out to Richmond park feeling pretty good after yesterday's easy does it day.
I headed out and did a good 3 hours. Back to work and then home again for session 3, a ride with my wife. This lasted all of 30 minutes both of us to weak to go on.

Motivation - The first sessions was good and I felt strong so all in not much needed. The third however was a dog show, but still time spent with her is never a waste.

Thought for the day - My beautiful wife and I can do many things together well, but mid week training not so much. We tend to motivate each other in a way that doesn't promote, the more is better point of view.

Thursday 19/05/2011

Session 1 - saw a quick gym session 50 min out and in. Feeling stronger than last week a lot of core and off we go.

Session 2 - interval running, saw me go off to the local track for those all out 400 m sprints. 10 of those puppies and 10, 200' s should do it. Easy 25 km ride off the back of that saw the end of Thursday. Along with that came one day closer to the Ironman.

Motivation - I'm still struggling to pull it out the bag, all the time. But at least it's getting done, one day at a time and one session at a time is all we have.

Thought for the day - keep going keep going you will get there.

Friday - 20/05/2011

Session 1 - The one and only for the day. The long ride 130 km saw me pushing the time machine through Surrey. The first 20 km on I hit a puncture and then came off the front of the bike. So standing with my bike I realized if I don't go and do this ride I have failed and failed big time. So on I went and pulled in to home with 130 on the clock job done!!

Motivation - there wasn't much from the kick off, but that's what all this takes. You can't always rely on motivation and emotion. You need to go in blind sometimes not thinking and feeling but just doing.

Thought for the day - I'm on my way I can do this and do it well. I feel I only get going after 90 km. So at least I know the endurance is in the post.

Saturday - 21/05/2011

Session 1 - Let's go up at 05:00 and off for the long swim at Thorpe lakes. Really a highlight of the week. It's a 1.5 km loop in a beautiful fresh water lake so good. The sun rises at around that time and as you swim you get a glimpse of that golden globe every other breath you take. God is good and His creation amazing. We always feel, so good after this swim and ready for what the week end holds.
So 3 km done we are off to face a day with the family.

Motivation - Don't get me wrong waking up on a Saturday at 05:00 am is no joke and no real fun. But once you get out there and get going it's out weighs the lying in by loads. It's just about finishing what you set out to do, probably the same in life have a vision have a plan and make it so! Failure to me has become not even trying. Try and fail, is not failure. Never trying is!

Thought for the day - Without support family and friends and God in our lives this journey would be a real dog slog.
Thanks guys and family we love you.

Sunday 22/05/2011

Yebo it's rest day! Have it my son.

Coming to the end of this week you realize, looking back that you put a lot in to this thing. You learn a lot along the way. This week saw me realize, just get cracking keep going if you don't do it you fail and will never realize what you are made off!

So give it a go and make it happen.

Much love have a great week!

AD

No comments:

Post a Comment