Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 30 January 2011

High's and Low's...

BOOOOOOOMMMMMM! This weeks training really came down on me hard like a tonne of bricks! After SUCH an amazing weekend of training: long bike Saturday and 11km run on Sunday, feeling on top of the world- to a shocking and disappointing start on Monday morning- swimming with the school’s swim team. I am constantly finding myself super hungry and feel that I need to eat all the time! My body obviously isn’t used to doing 3 different sports in a week. So after 30 minutes into the swim I realised I made a massive mistake and never ate a banana before the session. My tummy was rumbling and I was swallowing water at a rapid pace. It was disappointing as I have really enjoyed the last 3 weeks of training and this swim didn’t go too well. But hey, I guess that is why they call this part of the training manual ‘The adaption phase…’

Tuesday didn’t get any better either, I was planning on doing a 90 minutes turbo session but only could manage 50 minutes!! Eeeeek! My legs felt like lead and I was not feeling well. I thought to myself, I am definitely getting sick or there is something seriously wrong with the way I am doing this. Disappointed again. Hungry again. Even after eating a banana before hand. Eish wena's.... It didn’t get much better in the afternoon either- paranoia started to creep in as I thought ‘I CANNOT get sick now!’ Please God! So after a heavy dose of paracetamol and Vitamin C I felt right as rain the next day and did a fantastic 3.1 km swim. That was that...

Ran to work on Thursday, a good 7km. I felt OK but not the best. I had all the intentions of running back home after work, but around 2pm I had a temperature and was not feeling myself. I couldn’t believe it! So I decided to count my losses and tube it home. I felt like a dog with his tail between his legs. I felt sorry for myself and really was keen to have a great week’s training but this was not going to happenL

After coming home on Thursday I found out my gorgeous hubby was struggling too and was still trying to shake off his chest infection. We both were not is a ‘good place’ when it comes to training but we knew that we had to listen to our bodies and not push it or else it will be a whole week of licking our wounds! So we came to the decision to take the weekend off and look after ourselves. I am feeling much better and really had a super weekend. It was tough seeing people out and about training and cycling, but I knew what I was doing was the hard, but right thing to do.
I am now ready for the week ahead. The next two weeks are key and we need to put in the hours. I pray to God that I will be healthy and fit for the week ahead! I am more than a conqueror!!

High's:
-          had my hair done Monday night so that is all good and I am not looking like skunk anansi anymore.
-          Feeling good after the swim on Wednesday- technique is coming along.
-          Knee in check.
-          Purchased some super Ironman gear, at bargain prices to keep us motivated J

Low's:
-          Struggling on the swim and the bike early in the week.
-          Feeling ill on Tuesday.
-          Not seeing my hubby much this week. I miss him so much… My bestist friend.
-          Feeling ill again on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and had a weeping eye SundayL

To all of you legends that are following our blog- thank you so much for all your support and love. We appreciate it so much!

Habbakuk 2:2-4

Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, It will not tarry. Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.”

This week I am going to run with my vision in my hands and stand firm for what and who I believe in! I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength...

Blessings and Love,

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment