Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 30 January 2011

Overcome

Where to start this week? So many thoughts and ideas came through my mind this week I don’t even know where to start. Well let’s start at the beginning: all guns blazing Monday, I stepped in and took the day and was expecting to take the week for all it had training wise- but alas this was not to be.

Monday and Tuesday went very well and I was on track, doing 2 hours plus a day right on it, I got my bike ready for my long ride on Wednesday and half way around Richmond park, not even 20km in, I realized there was nothing to give today, or even the rest of the week. I was not operating at 100%, not even 60% and this was no good! I had a technical ride home to try and avoid riding over my bottom lip- I was hacked!!  Ironman training teaches you many things, and this week passed was one of the lessons you unfortunately only learn the hard way: this lesson is called ‘listen to your body!!’

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and finally Sunday I’m feeling better, much better in fact and once again ready for a new week of training. Now let’s get down to motivation this week and the real reason for this blog after all.

To be honest, motivation this week was so very hard to find. It was grey, it rained most of the week and yes it was so very cold man, but fortunately I know I am an overcomer as my favourite book states, I have been given life and in all it’s fullness. I’m still breathing, I still have a beautiful wife and I still have the ability to get healthy and move on... and yes most of all I’m still Blessed! So all in four days off training really doesn’t seem that bad.
Ironman training has the ability to put a lot of things out of perspective, and the last time around everything went out the window. If I had missed four days of training I would have been shattered and would be trying to make it up, but probably would have just pulled myself even further down, fortunately we live and learn; so this week will be a massive week of training, but it won’t ever become all consuming again, and that in itself is a bit of motivation as well!

On the up side: Lou and I found a triathlon shop getting rid of all their gear. It is amazing how a little bit of new apparel can also make you hungry for training again :) I can’t wait to hit the water tomorrow!!

So at the end of the day, I will overcome any obstacle, because my life training manual says so.

Much love to all God Bless!
AD

No comments:

Post a Comment