Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 24 July 2011

One week to go!!

"What we have is based upon moment-to-moment choices of what we do. In each of those moments, we choose. We either take a risk and move toward what we want, or we play it safe and choose comfort. Most of the people, most of the time, choose comfort. In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."~ Anonymous
For me this really spoke volumes especially throughout this entire Ironman journey. It is so easy to rather play yourself down and to not believe in your training as we, like all human beings, do not want to be set up for disappointment or failure. We sometimes would rather play it safe because if you don’t achieve the time or goal that you set out for, then you will let yourself down and the people around you down. I know this feeling too well. I would rather not set myself targets in case I never met them. I didn’t want to face that disappointment or be that failure. I think I was too hard on myself back then therefore, I believe, I never reached my full potential- why would you if you keep holding yourself back?
This ironman journey is now drawing to a close. I have mixed feelings as I have really enjoyed this road, learning about myself and having the experiences I have had- good and bad. They have moulded me and will be with me for the rest of my life. I have enjoyed having a goal and I have enjoyed the smaller goals in between too (It makes it all the fun!). Experiencing this with my husband is unexplainable. We have seen the world from an angle together that not many people do experience and for this I am truly grateful. I thank God for my body and for what I have been able to achieve with it- too this point. Now it’s just for race day- come on bod you can do it! As I was saying that Ironman has had its ups and its downs, but I regret none. It has taken sacrifice but it has only built me up on the inside and for that I will not exchange for anything.
I am looking so forward to race day. I am looking forward to the pain, the emotions, the hardships, the challenges, the feelings of wanting to give up but then push through. I am looking forward to crossing that line (no matter what time it is) as the experience is all I am after.  A good time would be a bonus! People ask me what time I want to do it in, I really don’t have a clue. I have a personal target but that will come if my nutrition is right. I have put in the training and the hours are there. It is now just up to my body, my mind and of course (very important) my nutrition.
This next week is going to be amazing and I look forward to sharing everyday with you guys on the blogger! So keep tuned in and we will keep on updating. Thanks for your support so far- we nearly there!!
Have a blessed week and much love
Lou xxx
A few Quotes I would like to share with you:
 "Fear is probably the thing that limits performance more than anything - the fear of not doing well, of what people will say. You've got to acknowledge those fears, then release them." --Mark Allen

There is advantage in the wisdom won from pain" -- Aeschylus "

In my failures, I saw the darkest part of myself, where I was weak, where expectations did not meet reality. Until you face your fears, you don't move to the other side, where you find the power." -- Mark Allen

A person fails to reach their potential when they fail to pay the price.

"When a man says 'I cannot', he has made a suggestion to himself. He has weakened his power of accomplishing that which otherwise would have been accomplished." ~ Muhammad Ali
My favourite:
“Ï can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” – Phil 4:13
But we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” - Romans 5:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment