Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 17 July 2011

Three weeks of radio silence!!

Well there is no excuse except a complete lack of motivation and having nothing to say other than keep grinding. It's been a hard few weeks and it all came about quite unexpected. One day I was on track mentally and the next I was just hanging on by a thread!

I am sitting here in a flat in France looking out on to the Alps. Our flat is looking out on to a ski resort with massive ski lifts and mountains surrounding us. I'm sitting here in awe of creation while watching tour de France. Man alive this place is amazing.

Lou and I have just come back from a mountain bike ride and have seen some things I have never in my life seen or experienced in my life before! You have got to love this sport and the way you can just experience nature and life first hand!

Two days ago we rode a stage of the tour de France, it's a kind of a sportive bike race thing with a difference! This guy was only 112 km long, but what a beast. I won't normally say that a race or training session was a beast, but this thing was very much a machine! There were three climbs  all. The first one was 12 km long the second 17 km long and the last 12 km long with 21 hair pins up the mountain.
What a experience and such amazing views! You can post a picture you can try and explain it, but nothing can describe this beautiful cycle!

These last weeks I might have mentioned have been funny. I think I peaked too early, but after taking a few steps back I am feeling fresh and ready to role.

I had to realize that you can only control what is right in front of you. And also when you have a problem you have to ask yourself is there a possible solution to it? If there is follow through on it, but if there isn't then take the hit and get over it! As I have said many times before this whole experience teaches you so much about yourself.

These last few weeks I have just held on, I have suffered over training a injury and just all round fatigue! But after getting through all this I have realized I still can do this thing. I can still push myself and yes I can still reach my goal!

My life manual still says, what a man thinks of himself in his heart so he is. So what do I believe I am and am capable of? I believe the best is yet to come and with 14 days to go, I am excited to see what all this training and effort has led me to.

Sorry for being so slack. As from next Monday I'll be posting a daily blog to share the 7 days up to the big easy!

So what is it you think of about yourself today? A tough question,  but hopefully it's a positive answer.

Have a Blessed week much love AD

No comments:

Post a Comment