Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 27 February 2011

Holidays and Choices

I love being a teacher. I love the holidays we get and the time that we have off. I always have good intentions of spending time at home, sorting out the house, reading loads of books, watching lots of movies or even getting away (now that’s hopeful!) J and now my newest addition is ‘putting in some solid training hours.’ I have all these intentions and plans, but as the one day rolls into the next those plans roll out the window. It’s like my ‘holiday mindset’ is switched on and all the plans I had seem to disappear. All the intentions I had fall away and before I know it, holiday is over and I feel that feeling I used to feel on a Sunday night, when I went back to boarding school! The daily routine that I briefly lost is now back and the planning starts: packing our rucksacks, getting our commuting bikes ready, thinking ahead, making food and packing our clothes; just like school days! In life we all have to prepare. Prepare ourselves for what is to come every day. To put on our armour and face the day and whatever it throws at you. I learnt this week that we all have a choice. We have a choice every morning to either have a great day or a terrible day. In my situation, to either wake up (later than usual) and wish I had more days holiday or embrace the day and make the most of it. That is something I am learning while doing all this training. There are so many choices we can make, I know which is the right one, and which I should choose, but do we always choose it? Do we always just opt out and take the easy option? That is something I am working on in my life; to always take the road less travelled. The option that is going to build me more inner strength, more character and more perseverance. This is something my husband (who I love and adore) is teaching me every day and who is so inspiring! I pray that God will give me strength and wisdom to make the right choices.

This week has been a good week for me. Not great, not awesome, but good. I took a deserved Monday off as the weekend extremities took its toll on my body. My left hammy has not been the same since, so running less this week had to be… unfortunately. As I said previously all my intentions of making the house super clean and neat has gone out the window and reading the books too also not done, but I did however catch up with some very special friends and family that was long overdue- and in the end that is all that counts. While I am on the topic of friends and family, I just want to say this one thing. I want to apologise in advance for any unsocial behavior from me in the next couple of months. I hope you all can understand that things will get ‘a bit much’ so support and love (and hugs!) are most welcome ;-D that’s that. So, as I was saying, training has gone OK. Managed to do a swim, a good cycle with hubs on Wednesday then could not do my run as my hamstring was too sore and then did a good cycle on Saturday. Not the best week of training, but it was a good week of much needed rest and recovery from the previous weekend and the illness I was carrying. (Maybe a little bit of holiday mindset crept in there somewhere tooJ ) So I am feeling fresh and ready to roll again!

The next few months are going to determine if I am going to make it on the finisher list or the DNF (Did Not Finish) list. I really need to put in some serious training and up my game as at this rate I am cruising. I know what needs to be done. Eish! Fearless is a word that springs to mind. A good friend said to me this week.

Hang onto your mouse pads, can’t wait to share with you what this week will bring and the lessons I am learning every day!

Love you guys
God Bless
Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment