Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 20 February 2011

I came. I saw. I conquered.

I am sitting here absolutely SHATTERED and not knowing where to start with my blog. All I can say at the moment is that I feel I have overcome, I have conquered I have completed- and it feels great!

The past two weeks have been pretty rubbish, I will not lie! I have not been well and have not being able to train at my best. For me, it felt like I was losing confidence each day I was ill and not completing my sessions, which I think is normal. For the passed two weeks I have only managed to do 2 turbo sessions and 2 swims-that’s it! My beautiful husband and I set aside this last weekend to go to the county and put in a massive weekend session. On Friday night driving to the Wiltshire, I still had a ‘weeping eye’ and had some sniffles. I was scared that if I did the weekend I would get worse- but then my husband just assured me: “If you think you are going to get sick, you will” There was no option of backing out. I had mentally prepped myself for the mammoth weekend so thats what it was going to be.

What a pleasure it was to cycle through two county’s and to have no people shout at you! It was just tremendous! Cycling in London is a completely different ball game altogether. Not in the country my friend- ooohhh what a pleasure it is! Such beautiful country lanes and rolling hillside, I really am loving this sport so much. You experience so much on so many different levels- ai man what a blessingJ So after a solid 125km bike, we were pooped. We spent some quality time with AD’s sisters family, my sister-in-law and her wonderful husband and gorgeous kid. It really was so special. We ate like champions and had the best nights sleep EVER! :)

We then overslept (bed was too amazing) so we whoffed down some breaky and packed the car up and headed for Dorney Lake, Eton College (The 2012 Olympic Rowing venue!) WOW it is just idyllic. It was such a beaut of a course- 4 laps around the lake. Starting the race I didn’t even know how many laps we were doing. When I passed the first official I said 2 laps to go? He laughed and said, no 4!! Haibo, I thought OK, I got this… After the 2nd lap I had cramp in my right butt cheek but decided to keep pushing through! I then hit a gel and felt good. YES PLEASE! I needed some fuel. I was running with the bird who was heaving like an asthmatic mule. She was going at a good pace so decided to stick with her and see how I would do. Nearing towards the last lap a massive group of chatty runners behind us snuck up. The guy was holding a 1:58 sign and I thought hey let me stick with them and I can maybe finish this think in under 2 hours!! The gel kicked in and I saw another girl opening it up so decided to try hang on for dear life. Heart rate was now through the roof but have 5km left- I thought let me see what I have got to give…
I felt good, all the people that passed me, I was now passing them and it felt great! We were burning it around that lake :) My legs ached and it felt like my Achilles was going to snap, but I kept pushing. My wonderful husband saw me just before the finish and ran with us for a little while. I then took the bend and crossed over at 1:55mins! I was super chuffedJ My hip flexors were absolutely on their last tether and I could hardly walk- not even joking with you… It was not good. We then got something to eat and waited for a massage. 45 minute wait in the FREEZING cold was NOT a good idea. Eventually we got onto the tables, it was good- just what I needed. We were practically the last ones there! It was then a 1km walk to the car. I could hardly move. AD went ahead to warm the car, bless him, but if it was not muddy I would have crawled. My legs were non -existent! It felt so good as I know I have a week of holiday ahead! Oh how I LOVE half term!! Thank you Lord!!

What an amazing weekend. Spending quality time with my husband and family, eating like champions, putting in two massive sessions which was long overdue and experiencing running around the Olympic rowing venue with thousands of people all different nationality, ages, shapes and sizes. It was just a wonderful feeling. I thank the Lord that he gave me a body I can use and that I can experience these finer things in life. It really is a privilege.

I look forward to this week. Having a day off tomorrow to sleep and recover and get some TLC pampering! I am looking forward to it.

Thank you to my husband for always believing in me and always encouraging me when I am doubtful and unsure. You are my biggest fan and I am yours. You really are my bestest friend and my soul mate! Sharing this with you is such a blessing.

Until next time folks, over and out
God Bless
Lou <3

3 comments:

  1. Awesome & Inspiring, you guys are amazing!!! Adele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you dudes are so inspiring. Keep doing wot u doin! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys! Really do appreciate you following us! xx

    ReplyDelete