Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 27 February 2011

A Kind Word!!

Funny heading for an Ironman blog, but man alive I tell you a kind word does go a long way! I was in the “think tank” the name I affectionately made up for the pool, when I was thinking about this weeks’ blog. I had about another 2 km to go and as usual I just needed to get over that first 1,5km before the body starts kicking and the last 2 becomes easy. Anyways, long story short I was in the fast and furious lane (by the way I have no idea why they call it that seeing that every cat with a swimming cap thinks he is worthy of this lane) when one of the swimmers asked me what I was training for. I told him I’m into triathlon and he said fair play mate I’m sure you will crack it! What a pleasure to hear an encouraging word in the time of need, those kind words pulled me through the next 2 km and some!

We cycle a lot, and get to interact with many people. The amount of hand signs and aggression you pick up on the roads are crazy. Angry people! Fair enough, I have sat behind a cyclist in a car and also been uptight, but you know what, will it really help to be so angry in life?

This Ironman is a journey, there isn’t a session that goes by that I don’t learn something about myself and about people around me. We get so caught up in our own lives and our small world, what I do realize is that there is more. Every day brings more, can I make more of what I have been given or will I be mediocre in all things I attempt?

Ok so enough of the think tank, just a glimpse of what goes through this head when I’m on my own trying to achieve the goal, trying to make a dream a reality! This week is going to be massive in all ways. I have a big run at 06:00 am and a long swim. Tuesday will bring a turbo of note and another interval run, some more of that this week brings on Saturday!
The Ball buster, and yes the name does this puppy justice! If any of you have been to box hill in Surrey you will know this hill isn’t the toughest but going around it 5 times will take a toll!

Persist, persevere, relentless, fearless, hard, tough, I want more, leka bene leka bene, Rom  5:3! These are my key words that run through my mind when the legs are hauling me up a hill and they want to burst, when 1km feels like 10. So that is why we entered the Ball Buster!!

13 km run 50 km cycle and a 13 km run to end the day! I am looking forward to this like you won’t believe: Bring it on! The prep has been done the bike is riding like a beaut and my legs are feeling groovy! I have been given strength and I can do all things says my best selling training manual!!

Guys I look forward to blogging to you next week and tell you how this event stretched me, because only when it stretches you to the max you know it is worth it. If it costs you nothing it is truly worth nothing!

Have a great week all much love God Bless
AD

No comments:

Post a Comment