Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 13 February 2011

Sniffles...again! :(

So, the last two blogs have been pretty motivational and maybe inspiring to some, but this week it is going to be somewhat straight forward. This week has not been the best week for me. Full stop. It started off well, with a good swim and then a good turbo and gym session. I then woke up on Wednesday with a pounding headache and sore throat. I went to work and felt groggy and not myself. I took the morning off training and decided to rest. AD says that rest is just as important as training and I need to listen to my body. That afternoon my 1st XI hockey girls had a match. I was screaming like a banchee coaching them from the sides, which did no justice to my sore throat. When I got home, I collapsed on the coach and burst into tears. My loving and caring husband was so supportive and understanding. He just loved me and cared for me and tucked me straight into bed.

The next morning I was worse. My body had completely shut down. After a short while of contemplating going into work or not, I dragged myself onto the tube and arrived at work looking like 97 year old women- tired and small eyed. After lesson 1 my boss came to me and said I should go home. I was grateful as I was not doing anyone any favours. I got home late morning and climbed straight into bed and slept for 5 hours straight. Woke up at 5pm when AD came home, ate and slept again. Woke up on Friday morning and decided not to go into work. I just slept some more.
So the rest of the weekend was just complete rest. AD did a massive cycle on Saturday which left me long faced but other than that I was just recovering…

No wonder this part of the ironman is called the ‘adaption phase’. My body does not know what has hit it. The training is not that much, it is manageable. I think it is more the early mornings and cold weather that plays the biggest part. I am definitely ready for summer to come.

I am believing that this week is going to be better. I am going to ease my way back into training and not go all guns blazing. Just start off slow and keep it steady. We have a massive weekend ahead, so the blog may only be out on Monday (for all you keen beans;) ha ha.

I learnt today that in order to get yourself on the right track and moving forward you need to do 3 things:
1.       1. Eat right (It is what you put in)
2.       2. Work hard (What you put in, is what you will get out)
3.       3. Rest well (Rest is key for recovery and growth)

I know this week is a short blog but hopefully I will have a lot to tell and give you excellent feedback on the back of a very successful training week! Yebo yes!

Have a super week my family and friends,

God Bless
Much Love
Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment