Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Monday 28 March 2011

Competition is key!!

'm sitting here at heathrow airport terminal 5, having a little taste of what a pro triathlete must feel like. Im such a amateur traveler. I'm 3 hours early I can't even check in my bags yet. That's how early I am!
Well at least cafe Nero is open and I wander on over and buy some water and chips to keep me company. Feeling a bit sad sitting here because I'm leaving my wife at home and this is never a great thing. As some of you will know once you are married and you become one, it's just a case of never fully being able to function at 100% without the other. Or at least I feel happy we are like this.

Ok enough of the soppy stuff, I think I have secured some serious browny points. Babe my birthday is coming up ne wena!

Well before I came to the airport today I went for a bike ride around Richmond, can I just say thank you Lord for such a amazing day. I have been sick a few days so this was the first time I could head out on the road on my machine in a long while. And what a pleasure, so much on the brain and man alive I could just release it all over a few laps of the park!
I did the first lap on my own as usual, but was soon joined by one fit looking bugger, he rode a beaut of a dog and I knew by the way he passed me it was on! We picked up another straggler and of the three of us went.

It's such a funny sport cycling, un written rules fall in place immediately as soon as three riders meet up and are of equal ability. One takes the lead and pushes as hard as he can, the other two will then sit in the slip behind him taking a breather and try to get the heart rate down. On we go until we have crushed each other and that my friends is how respect is built, one cyclist for another! In two seconds you have something in common and that draws you in, even as strangers there is that respect that understanding.

Back to the ride, as I sat behind the one oke, I thought finally some guys to race, to pursue, to test my steel, to see what I was made of and how far could I push in the space of a hour. Well one lap in the one guy really opened up, my heart rate shot up to 189 but I bit my lip and said yes please give me more of that sir! I knew he would never last, he would have to be special. I was right, he left the park after this round licking his wounds, that left me and the other brother, on we went. Each taking a turn seeing how much more we could match each other. Further down the road we picked up another rider, this guy thought he was the Pirate going up the Pirenese ( French mountain range ) he kicked and tried to attack on the hill. I thought yes please brew, I look like a muppet but I'll have you. On I went leaving the Pirate behind. Now came the straight home, I left the other two and picked up a cat on a Look machine. What a bike! Well this guy sat in the slip and also decided to attack on the hill. I sat waiting biding my time until 300 meters before the turn of. Cavendish would have been proud I pulled put behind this brother and let lose on a flat pushing 50km/h what a pleasure!

I rode four battles and I took them all, empty legs I rode the 5km home and felt absolutely finished. Now this is the theme, competition is everything. In all fields of life I think you'll encounter some stiff comp, but how will you react to it? Steel sharpens steel, I now relish it because if I hadn't had those dogs come ride today I would never have pushed myself half as hard!

They say competition brings out the best and worst out of people, well with maturity I think it can only be the best! If you lose or don't make the team you need to work harder, nothing worth having in the end is going to be free or without masses of effort!  A football guy once said your best defence is a strong offence.

Break that weak, I'm not good enough mind set this week and go find some competition and try to show yourself what you are made off!

I would rather be challenged daily than go through life never knowing what I was made off!

Have a beautiful week, know God has made you a winner, it's your decision to make it real.

God Bless
AD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment