Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 5 June 2011

56 Days...

Today AD and I just finished our final triathlon before we are facing the beast in 56 days time! I can't believe that ironman UK is only 56 days away. It's a scary thought but it's an exciting one too! Crazy I know but am really looking forward to it.

Today AD and I did a half ironman distance triathlon down in Weymouth, Dorset. What a lovely part of the UK- it's so beautiful. This  is one of the beauties of doing triathlon, you get to compete and see parts of the world- first hand. What the real privilege is of all in this is that you get to play in amongst nature and all it has to offer. There is never a set pitch, too strict set of rules. Your opponents vary every time you do a triathlon, you obviously being your biggest critic most of the time!

As I said above, the environment becomes your playground. This morning at 7am my husband and I stood wrapped up in each others arms staring out at a very choppy, windy and rainy ocean both of us contemplating a DNF (Did not finish!) but such is ironman!

A weekly training programme is set out and has to be achieved regardless of weather, moods, stiffness or physical wellbeing. With that said, I was lining up on the start line with all the pro triathletes and all the women and the gun went and it was every man for himself! I struggled to see the buoys through the chop and swallowed a mini porter pool of sea water, but it was over in no time. Obviously a luxurious event, the beach run left my feet in bits. I am still puzzled why they call it a beach when 'the beach' is made up of rocks, hard shells and pebbles! Tut tut.

Getting onto the race and how I have been feeling. The last few weeks I have had a few things going on so training had to take a back seat. So nerves were pretty high going into today's race.

The bike went well,but I held quite a bit back thinking that there were masses of hills to come but to my surprise not so many. Off the bike and onto the run, the real tester! As you may or may not know I have ITB friction syndrome which means I cannot run which is frustrating, but nothing myprodol can't fix!  I went for a scan last week and that's when they broke the news to me. Too long too soon. Ah well! We learn! So haven't run much since the last half ironman we did a few weeks ago, so felt it this time on the half marathon. Felt good but there is room for improvement. I got to build the miles up!
Swim= up to scratch, happy
Bike= no problem, confident
Running= room for improvement.
Another thing that is good about this sport is that there is always something to work on and in this case it is running. I have 56 days to become confident in it. Base is there, now to fine tune:)

So this brings me to the next 3 weeks. The next 3 weeks of training is it. Make or the break. If you put in the hours the next 3 weeks it will make you and pull off a solid race. If not, your race will be filled with thoughts of I should have.
The next 3 weeks is, that if you miss a session you lose. I want victory and I don't want to hate my race come 31st July. It's going to be tough, but i want to at least know I gave everything, not only on the day but in everything.

So 56 days and counting. I plan on making every one of those 56 days count!

I also just want to end off in saying thank you to my best friend, my loving and caring husband. He has been so supportive and so encouraging every step of the way throughout this incredible journey. Growing together and learning together is such a blessing and privilege. He is self-less and has always put me first, making sure that I have everything I need and we are well prepared always. I want to thank him for pushing me when I need to be pushed and knowing when I just need a long loving hug. Lord I pray you keep this man safe on the roads and wherever he is- he is not only a blessing to me in my life but he is such a blessing to others around him. He is such an inspiration and has a mindset only one could strive for daily. I love you my babe, you make me smile so much. OK guys.. sorry I just needed to share my heart...


Have a great week everyone and thanks to all who are supporting us and sharing this special journey with us.

Take care and God bless

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment