Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Tuesday 21 June 2011

God doesn't give everything to everybody, but what you have been given you have got to use to the max!!

What a statement! I was watching Wimbledon today, when the commentator uttered that very phrase about a player. This woman was 1,66 meters tall but packed a massive punch in every serve she gave. She ran like there was no tomorrow and she hit the ball with such vigor that her opponent had to stand up and take notice, even when she towered her in stature. She took all she has been given and made it work.

It's a bit like a story I read in my life training manual, it tells about a man that goes away and lives five coins with each servant. They take their coins and each one does something different with what he was entrusted with. Long story short, one of them took his coins and made the most of what he has was given!

Ok, so what has this got to do with Ironman, well what hasn't it! Ironmen are just normal run of the mill okes and girls that have taken the little they have been given talent wise and decided to make the most of it. Ironman like I have said, is really not the beginning and end of anything, but there is a lot to be said for the people that embark on this journey!

They are people that have a goal set out before them, they look at life and training through different eyes, they have discipline and embrace times of struggle. These I find are all lessons well learnt in life, many learn them the hard way through the journey of life, and many learn some valuable ones via Ironman.

I have read about all these principles in my best selling book of all time my life training manual. I have read these things before. I am now able to experience them first hand and also able to apply them.

Coming back to my first point, what are you doing with what you have been given? These principles allow me to think about things differently about life and what it holds for me. I am a over comer, I am victorious, I can and I will, I have the strength to survive, persevere and you will taste victory, learn from your mistakes, life and death is in the power of the tongue, and one big one giving up is not a option. I believe in Christ and I believe I can't do the above without Him, I need you to know this.

These principles now let me become all I know I can be. I can now take what I have been given and make a difference not only to Ironman, but in my daily life. With people I interact with, in my work, or just shopping. You take the bit and make a lot!

So where do you find yourself today as you sit and read this. Do you have any principles in your life. Are you using all you have been given? I might not always be heading in the right direction but man alive at least I'm heading some where!

Take your five coins and make more, life doesn't just happen you need to make it happen.
Have a great week much love AD

No comments:

Post a Comment