Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 10 April 2011

Gear it up!

The time is now!
Howzit going all our readers, I hope you guys are very well and that this week is going to be a amazing week for all of you. Thanks for starting out your week by checking out our blog!

Gearing it up, that's where I'm at the moment. Illness over and fitness in full swing. It's that time of the training when you are reaping the fruit. After many hours stuck in doors spinning, swimming in a bit of a sest pool at my local community center and running in snow, rain and a lot of wind, the sun is finally here. And along with my bright shiny friend came my fitness.

Training for this puppy isn't just a decision it's a commitment, you have to put long hours in and make changes that will affect not only your mind set but also your ability to physically perform. Days go by that you think, "when am I actually going to start making good times and and feel fitter". You get disheartened, you lose motivation and you forget about your vision!


I'm just going to let it out there, my vision for this journey this year is doing this puppy under 10 hours and qualifying for Kona. Now if I do this is another story. At least I have a vision and that is so important when you are training for this thing.
Some days it all feels futile. It feels like it's time to sell the bikes and just throw the towel in and start trying for little Ironmen.

But through all the self doubt and failure to launch your vision is still in place. It allows you to tap deep down and draw strength knowing that this trial has not yet seen the last of me. Your vision gives you the ability to perform at a mental as well as a physical level compared to someone who has none.
There is a saying my granded always had, those who hesitate are lost as if the vision is clear the doing is effortless!


Well guys I don't know where you find yourself this week? Maybe at the bottom of a massive climb, or the start of a 30 km run or even at the edge of a lake getting ready to swim the unthinkable? Remember to hold on to that vision. You set yourself up for failure or success with each step you take. Remember the steps forward are the right ones. No negativity, no bad talk just confidence and belief will bring you to the next chapter or new horizon. They are there to explore and take hold of. Of course what you find in there is completely up to you. Hesitate and you are lost. Don't hesitate, climb that mountain, attack your work place with fervour make this week your week! And make this day your day you decide.

It's like our training. While some of you read this Lou and I will be in the serpentine swimming 3-4 km's because that is the choice we made the decision we made the commitment we made when we signed up for this thing!

When I stand in Church most days I praise God for giving us this life and for giving us the ability to do this. It is when I praise Him I feel the most strength and know my vision is clear now the doing though it takes a lot of effort becomes effortless.

Thursday came along and our faith was made even stronger. You just know God has created us to be so much more.
My wife and I went on a ride and it was bliss the sun belting at 23 degrees just her and I in Gods' creation riding in beautiful green meadows and loving every second of sun light.

I knew for now that those little Ironmen had to wait because there is a plan for 2011 Ironman Uk and there is a vision behind it!

What is your vision in this lifetime you have been given, I believe we can't do it on our own, but if you never go for it you'll never succeed.

Much love God Bless

AD

1 comment:

  1. hang in there thiking of you all the way.. I am so inspired....that my bicycle is asking for mercy. Michael

    ReplyDelete