Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 3 April 2011

You are as weak or as strong as you decide to be

Decisions seem to make us who we are and what we do in life. A obvious statement I know. I have had some time to ponder on this statement this week!

My heading might seem a bit hard, weak and strong. I'll let you into how I got to write about something some people perceive as luck or ability, being weak some say is because of your environment or genes or even mental ability. Some say being strong is something you picked up along life's journey and they couldn't possibly be as strong mentally or physically as another. I tend to disagree completely!

I was in SA last week as some might know. Can I say what a Blessing to see my home land and it's people. I'm a proud South - African and I dream of the day my wife and I will set foot back on home soil, but until then...

As I was boarding and stood in the que for tickets to be torn I thought I would have a last dash to the loo. I entered the toilet area  and was greeted by a beaming face, a beautiful friendly man. "Welcome welcome sir to my office", he had a mop in his hand and the place was sparkling! Wow I thought, what a dog I am, I'm on my way to board a plain home back to a beautiful wife, a caring family, a good job and health and I have a fat lip! This guy is cleaning toilets on a Sunday at 19:00 in the eve with the attitude of a prince! Man I suddenly had food for thought.

Ten years ago I was in the UK persuing a rugby career. Imagine my surprise when I ended up playing for a 4th division side and cleaning toilets!

My confidence shattered just coming of a injury with Bulls u:21and missing out on the remainder of the season I thought I was rugby. My attitude stank 'ass' sorry for the pun. I hated every second and what could have been an amazing season shared with one of my best friends turned to a season of "why not me", and "I'm the victim", "everybody please feel sorry for me", "I'm better than you". If my attitude had just been "let's help this team to the next division" or maybe "I'm here to learn something", or even "just try and humble yourself you aren't all that" and "life doesn't owe you a thing". I might actually have meant something to someone that year. But caught in my bad attitude I festered and became weak and gave up being strong! Because of decisions I made and put in place I would never feel what it could have been like to be a winner.

That toilet guy might never be moved up the ranks to supervisor but by having a amazing attitude he still controls his decision making and still decides that he could mean something to someone in a toilet. He did for me!

As you know I read my best selling training manual, not nearly as much as I should, but I have faith and because of it I can always know to stay strong because my God has already over come.

So what has all this got to do with Ironman, well if I don't decide to work hard and train my best I am weak, because physically I'm there and mentally I'm sound. But if I decide not to work, or run one km less or cycle 5km shorter or swim 2 lengths less I am by my own account weak and my attitude needs work! No one will know, but I will and eventually I'll feel it in competition. Right attitude with some Devine intervention on my decision making part equals strength. Help and strength from above isn't always fair!

As I write this I'm preparing for this week. I can tell you this, honestly I need to dig deep and go adjust my attitude because I need to be strong this week!

Remember it's up to you, make the right decision, because the wrong ones will sink you and they will eventually weaken you!

Much love God BlesS

Attached is my weeks program for some that might be interested to see what we get up to prepping for the mother.

Training for the ironman.

Monday:

Recover from SA

Tuesday:

05:30 - 10 km commute cycle
08:00 - 8-10 km run with a client
13:00 - 80 min spin and 40 min T run of the spin bike
21:30 - commute home 10 km
Plus - 80 pull ups through out the day

Distance: 20 km bike + 16 - 18 km run + spin
Time: 40 min + 80min + 60 min + 40 min = 240 min = 4 hours

Wednesday

Birthday!
I went and swam about 3,5 km and ran 10km as well as the commute of 20 km and 80 pull ups

20 km bike , 3,5km swim , 10km run = distance 33,5km
Time 2,40 min

Thursday

Easy day - 1 hour spin, 20 km commute and 30 min stretch
plus 80 pull ups
Distance - 50km
Time 2,10mim

Friday

Cycled 100km took me 4 hours - traffic is a terrible thing and of course a coffee stop!

Distance - 100km
Time - 4 hours

Saturday

The wife and I went for her bike ride so so proud of her another 95 km for me she did 110 km after 2weeks being sick amazing
After that a 15 min T run it also took 4 hours

Distance - 95 km
Time - 4 hours

Sunday

A wasted day and a attempt at a swim we cycled 15 km to the pool got there had a ice cream and cycled back so 30 km ride maybe a good thing!

30 km took a hour!

Totals this week:

Distance - 385km

Time- 17,50

This week I'm going for 20 - 25 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment