Bargain Gear!! :)

Bargain Gear!! :)
Fun with the Fosters

Sunday 17 April 2011

Such an overused statement: Pain is temporary, victory is forever.


I tell you what, floating around in the serpentine at 06:30am Friday morning I thought to myself what are you doing you monkey!
My face was frozen I could hardly talk, and floating around next to me was my best friend my wife. I thought man alive, this woman is a keeper. Most woman are tucked up in their beds and probably won't ever enter duck pooh infested waters.

On we went, the sun rose over London and we had started the day off with a few Kilo's under the belt and was now sitting at kitchen pantry breaking down some well deserved oats. This is where the story starts. Pain is temporary but victory is forever.

Our car packed up we set of to Wiltshire for the week end to spend some quality time with the parentals. Very chuffed to get out of London for a few days Lou and I left kitchen Pantry and headed west. Faces now partly un frozen we took to our serious pre race meal regime. Now Lou and I take training very seriously, but can I let you in on a secret we take eating up even more so. I shudder when I think what we would have looked like if we weren't burning 2000 calories up a day on training alone. Of we went down the M4 rest stop in sight. We helped ourselves to some wraps muffins and some more of that!!

Anyways long story short, Saturday dawned and we were up as Larry at 05:30. Some crunchy nut down the hatch and we were ready to pull 140 km of new forest. 08:00 Arrived and off we went, I said "my love have a great race I'm going big today". We set of in a small group and one guy pulled off at knots, I followed this ally cat not knowing what the next 4 hours had in stall for me. We set of on a massive pace just the two of us. If you read the blog a few weeks ago you will have read it only takes a few seconds for cyclists to seize each other up. And so we did, after about 10 km of silence and a change of the lead. We finally broke the ice. Henry has just returned from SA and lives in Guildford, the oke is a legend and a very strong rider. We agreed on a pace and set new forest alight!

The route was quite flat but all in amazing views. You realize how amazing life is when you are cruising through nature on your own and breathing in Gods' creation. I'm alive and I'm loving it.

Well 100 km came up and we knocked it at 2:56 min my first sub 3 hour 100 km. Well chuffed gel down the hatch I was pumped. I said good bye to Henry and pushed on. I imagined I was Fabian Chancellera riding Pari Roubaix, down on the hoods on my own just pushing. Pain my old friend came knocking with more or less 30 km to go. It became a battle to never drop under 30 km a hour and I never did. Legs bursting I saw the end in sight, I came in and finished strong. What a day to be alive and what a day to see the world in spring time. My head space was cleared and my body tired but it all was worth it. Going over the results today I look like I'm 2nd or 1st either way it was amazing. This is exactly why I love this sport, you see what you are made off and experience a new something about yourself, you never knew existed.

I praise God daily for being able to enjoy these small things in life and love the time I have with my wife doing them. By the way she came in a half hour after me with a amazing time herself.

Whatever you face this week, take time out to enjoy the little things placed before you!

Much love God Bless 
AD

No comments:

Post a Comment